- Cataldi, Libby. 2010. Stay Close: A Mother’s Story of her Son’s Addiction. St. Martin’s Griffin.
- Cooke, Dave. 2013. Behind the Dumpster: A Story of a Son’s Addiction, a Father’s Love, and a Bike Ride. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Conyers, Beverly. 2009. An Addict in the Family: Stories of Loss, Hope, and Recovery. Hazelden Publishing.
- Dioguardi Angelina, Russell Clayton, Sirko Quincey. 2018. What the Heck is Opioid Addiction?. Western Pennsylvania: Grow a Generation.
- Herzenak, Joe. 2012 (Rev Upd edition). Why Don’t They Just Quit. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Keller, Timothy. 2013. Walking with God through Pain and Suffering. New York: Dutton Adult: Published by The Penguin Group.
- Lajterman, Linda. 2014. Life After You: What your Death from Drugs Leaves Behind. WAT-AGE Publishing.
- Mansfield, Dennis, 2013. Beautiful Nate; A Memoir of a Families Love, a Life Lost, and Heaven’s Promises. Howard Books.
- Rice, Arlene. 2014. Parent of an Adult Addict: Hope for the Broken Road. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Speakman, Michael. 2014. The Four Seasons of Recovery: For Parents of Alcoholics and Addicts. Phoenix: Rite of Passage Press.
- Swenson, Sandy. 2014. The Joey Song: A Mother’s Story of her Son’s Addiction. Central Recovery Press.
- Wandzilak, Kristina. 2006. The Lost Years: Surviving a Mother and Daughter’s Worst Nightmare. Jeffers Press.
- Welch, Edward T. 2001. Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave: Finding Hope in the Power of the Gospel. Phillipsburg: P&R Publishing.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine Advocay (ASAM)
- Casey’s Law (Kentucky & Ohio) Court ordered involuntary treatment (potentially at no cost) for your loved one’s disease of drug and/or alcohol addiction
- Jennifer Act (Indiana & Florida)
- McLellan, A. Thomas: CEO & Co- Founder, Treatment Research Institute
- Network for Public Health Law: (Good Samaritan & Naloxone Laws by State)
- Affordable Care Act (If your adult child needs insurance)
- AnGel Program Jeffersontown KY
- Angel PAARI Programs in United States: Walk into a police station and get help with addiction
- American Heart Association (Learn CPR)
- American Red Cross (Learn CPR)
- Ball-Quantrell Recovery Center: Lexington, KY. Women low cost long term program. 859-252-2002
- Beacon House: Louisville, KY. Men’s sober living house. 502-581-0765
- Beth’s Blessing: Annville, KY. Faith based women’s recovery house. 606-689-8030
- Bellgrove Springs: Fleming County, KY. Men’s residential.1-888-520-8736
- Brighton Center: Florence, KY. Low cost women’s long term residential. 859-282-9390.
- Brook Hospital: Louisville, KY. 502-426-6380
- Chrysalis House: Lexington, Kentucky.Women’s Facility 859-977-2504
- Centerpoint Recovery: Paducah, KY. Free men’s residential long term residential. 270-444-3640
- Certified Counseling Services (CCS): Louisville, KY. Men’s long term residential.502-635-2008
- Chad’s Hope: Manchester, KY. Faith based. Men’s long term residential. 1-606-599-9716
- Cumberland Hope Center: Evarts, KY. Free women’s long term residential. 1-606-837-0100
- Freedom House for Women: VOA: Louisville, KY. Long term residential for pregnant and post partum women. 502-634-0082
- Free Rehab Centers
- Genesis: Hopkinsville, KY. Free men’s long term residential.270-885-2902
- George Privett: Lexington, KY. Men’s long term residential. 859- 225-4673
- Grateful Life Center: Independence , KY. Free men’s long term residential.859-291-1043
- Hazelden (Men/Women Detox & Treatment California, Illinois, Florida, Minnesota, New York, Oregon)
- Healing Place: Louisville, KY. Free. Men & women’s long term residential. Detox men only, non medical. 502-585-4848
- Help Guide: What to Look for When Choosing a Drug Treatment Program
- Healthy Newborn House: Covington, KY. Low cost. for pregnant women & their newborns. Run by Transitions, Inc. 859-491-2090
- Interlink Counseling Services: Louisville, KY. Men’s recovery services for veterans. Inpatient & outpatient services. 3 men’s houses: Landing Zone (safe off the street program), Harmony House (3-6 month residential), Genesis Transitional House (up to 24 months), Serenity Court Apartments(once program completed).
- Isaiah’s House: Willsburg, KY. Faith based men & women detox & residential treatment, Only facility in country using NET for detox
- Intervention America: National Resource on Recovery (Locator for treatment help)
- Jefferson Alcohol and Drug Addiction Center (JADAC): Louisville, KY. Low Cost Medical Detox 24 hour hotline)
- Jefferson Street Baptist Center: (AKA: Louisville Rescue Mission): Louisville, KY. FREE Men’s Addiction Life Change Program. Faith Based. 9 month residential.
- Karen’s Place: Louisa, KY. Residential women, VOUCHERS AVAILABLE, Louisa, KY
- Ladies Living Free – Paducah, Kentucky. 6 month residential program followed by 3 months after care. Sponsored by the United Way. 270- 448-0961
- Last Chance Intervention (Offering Private Intervention Services, FREE Consultation)
- Liberty Place for Women: Richmond, KY.(859) 625-0104
- Liberty Ranch Men & Women, Kings Mountain, KY
- Life Springs Men & Women Recovery Services. Jeffersonville, Indiana. Dual diagnosis help.1-812-280-2080
- Morehead Inspirational Center: Morehead, KY. Residential low cost for men.
- Naloxone (FAQ)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Institute for Drugs (NIDA) for TEENS
- No Longer Bound (Men Faith Based, Cumming, Ga.)
- Operation 6: 12 FREE, Men Faith Based Ohio
- Opioid Overdose Prevention and Education
- Owensboro Regional Recovery Center: Owensboro, KY. Free men’s long term residential. 270- 689-0905
- Priscilla’s Place: Louisville, KY. Faith based women’s long term residential.502-561-2131
- Recovery Connection Help
- Recovery Kentucky (15 Free Men & Women Recovery programs: Click on contact list & map)
- Saint Vincent Depaul: Louisville, KY. Men & women programs. Will also help take you off the street & help you find treatment. 502-583-1370.
- Sober Solutions: Louisville, KY & Indianapolis, Ind. Sober living home for men. Low cost. 502-439-9210 or 502-650-1619
- Sober-Solutions: 1-888-762-3730 (Will provide free phone help sessions)
- St. Judes for Women: Louisville, KY. Women long term residential.502-584-2480
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHA): 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Teen Challenge: Men and Women Faith Based, Inpatient
- Transitions, Inc.: Men and Women, Northern KY
- Trilogy for Women: Hopkinsville, KY. Women’s long term residential. 270-885-2902
- The Partnership® at DrugFree.Org
- Volunteers of America: Louisville, KY. Men & women programs long term residential. Men’s: Shelby House (substance abuse, homelessness, mental illness), Half Way Back (men recovering from addiction and exiting a correctional facility), Third Step (men 18-45 residential recovery) Women’s: Freedom House for pregnant women. 502-636-0771
- Women’s Addiction Recovery Manor: Henderson, KY. Free. 6 month women’s residential. 270-826-0036
Following are treatment resources recommended by parents who have the resources for private pay and/or insurance for their adult children:
According to these parents reviews, they were extremely pleased with the following rehabilitations:
A Road to Recovery (Port St. Lucie, Florida)
Carleton Treatment Center, Prescott, Arizona.
Caron Center (Pennsylvania.Texas, Florida)
Dawn Farms Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Discipleship/Dream Center Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Phil Treatment & Rehab Resources (parents found resources through his website)
English Mountain Treatment Center Sevierville, Tennessee.
Fairbanks: Indianapolis, Indiana
Fellowship Hall, Greensboro, NC.
Glenbeigh Rock Creek, Ohio (Associated w Clevland Clinic).
Hazelden/Betty Ford (California, Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, New York, Oregon)
Impact Drug & Alcohol Treatment, Pasadena, Ca.
Isaiah’s House Willisburg, Kentucky.
Libertas Chippiwa Falls, Wisconsin.
Mountain Manor Baltimore, Maryland
Michael’s House Palm Springs, California.
New Roads Behavioral Health (Utah & Florida).
No Longer Bound Cummings, Georgia. Uses Regeneration Model of Recovery.
Origins Treatment South Padre Island, Texas.
The Ranch at Dove Tree Lubbox, Texas.
The Recovery Place Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Cataldi, Libby: Stay Close:
Herzenak, Joe: Why Don’t They Just Quit:Grab Video
Keller, Timothy: Walking with God through Pain and Suffering:
Speakman, Michael: How to Help an Addicted Loved One:
The Anonymous People:Go to Video
Wandzilak, Kristina (Full Circle Interventionist, On Drug Addiction and Rehabilitation):